Neck and shoulder pain in cycling and corresponding protective measures
Every day, there are many cyclists riding on the road and enjoying the pleasure of cycling, with which all kinds of sports injuries also increase meanwhile. In order to minimize the occurrence of damage, I've found an article about some damage prevention methods in cycling, hoping to help the cyclists.
Neck and shoulder pain
1. Muscle-using habits
Because the neck and shoulder muscles are barely used, the neck and shoulder are relatively prone to produce sour pain when you begin to use "bending ahead posture" bike riding posture. But don't worry, for the muscles of the neck and shoulders will quickly adapt to the intensity of the exercise. So keep cycling and exercising the neck and shoulder muscles, and you should be able to reduce the degree of pain in a short time, or the pain disappears.
2. Change cycling postures occasionally and relax timely
However, when riding a bicycle, you still need to pay attention to the relaxation of neck and shoulder muscles. Don't be too rigid or keep a fixed posture or angle too long. Occasionally turn around the neck and shoulder so that the joints and muscles can be slightly alleviated and it will not produce sour pain easily in this way.
3. Bicycle setting
If the neck and shoulder ache continues to occur and shows no improvement after cycling for a while, it is likely that your bike is not set correctly. The reason for neck and shoulder muscle ache is usually that the cycling posture is "bending ahead" too much, causing too many body weight to be exerted on the shoulder and the too upturned neck results in excessive use of neck muscle. Then it is necessary to adjust the setting of the bike, decrease or increase the height of the vertical, or use a frame of smaller size so that the pressure on the neck and shoulder pressure can be effectively relieved and to discomfort avoided.
1.Made up of 100% polyester, the cycling jersey is pretty much breathable and quick drying;
2. Three back pockets designed to carry some essentials while cycling;
3. Selecting transfer fabric, it is in good performance in moisture transfer and stretching; printed by sublimation( using Italian Ink), it will never fade and do harm to people’s skin;
4. Suitable for cyclists in all levels for road biking or mountain biking. It avoids any skin discomfort in any situations such as sweaty because it is quick drying, making people feel comfortable while riding. These cycling jerseys are popular among cycling teams and cycling clubs as well as customized jerseys.
5. Hand washing or machine washing(with wash bag) under 100 degree Celsius.